Sleepy by Lush

Saturday 19 August 2017




If you struggle to get off to sleep at night for whatever reasons, this product is sure to help fix that. For several years, I’ve dealt with anxiety, some situations making it worse than others. During the worst of it a few years back before learning how to cope with it better, I relied solely on lavender oil drops on a tissue to help with my mind settling and being able to sleep. Recently, due to some rather tough situations the sleepless nights began again and coincidentally it was at the time that Sleepy became popular across the internet.

Having already used lavender in the past I was keen to try it in another form, with this standing out to me. With the way that I sleep, I chose to apply it to my forearms where I would be able to smell it as I breathed. Although this isn’t a cure-all, it goes up in my books to be a worthwhile investment. I’ve found that lavender oil on its own can be a little too pungent, however as this is a lotion, the other ingredients help to tone down the lavender and make it a subtler smell. You only need a small amount, which given the price of this makes it worth every penny. I got the 95g tub, which is plenty for I would say at least three months with daily use. As with many Lush products it is self-preserving, although it has a guideline use-by date. Again, with the price of £7.95 for the 95g tub, this is another positive. What is also appealing is that it’s good for the skin too, despite this not being the main selling point. Lavender will always be a favourite scent of mine and although it is of course personal taste whether you enjoy the smell of lavender or not, pop into Lush and see what you think. The lavender combined with the other ingredients including tonka absolute, and more lovely ingredients, makes a lotion that has proved popular with many people struggling with sleep problems. I also found that on the nights that I used this I slept right through, instead of waking up the middle of the night, which happened on the one occasion since having this where I forgot to apply it.



If the idea of using lavender in another form appeals to you, this is something worth considering. The store assistant also showed me a lavender spray Lush stock which people spray on their bed sheets, or themselves. I’ve always been advised not to put pure lavender oil onto the skin directly, hence my previous use of putting on a tissue. Due to this I would not recommend putting lavender oil on pillows or bedding in case of any skin reactions you may have to the high concentration of the oil.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Theme by: Pish and Posh Designs