Derma v10 Pastels Hair Colour (Paradise Pink)

Saturday 12 August 2017

Price — £1.99 (Home Bargains)

What’s in the box?
  • Colour Cream tube
  • 2x Conditioner sachets
  • Application Brush
  • Instruction Leaflet
  • Pair of Gloves

Pros
  • Cruelty free
  • Vegan
  • Cheap
  • Easy to apply
  • Accurate colour indication
  • Recyclable packing
  • Ammonia free

Cons
  • Not much product in the tube
  • Strong smell

As an avid self hair colourist with a soft spot for pastels, Derma V10’s semi-permanent Pastels range naturally jumped right off the shelf at me, with the bright, graphic packaging and generous price, it would have been rude not to investigate further. Upon picking up the box, I immediately searched the information for their philosophy, which, to my delight is vegan and cruelty free. Another nice touch to add to their planet friendly philosophy is that they have made their packaging recyclable where possible. On top of all this, it works!

Instantly sold on this product, in the cosmetics aisle of Home Bargains, I opted for the shade Paradise Pink. This was partly a safety choice as I know pink is a good colour for me and if it turned out horrendous, I knew it would fade easily. A couple days before using this product, I touched up my roots using Jerome Russel’s Bblonde Maximum Blonding Kit No.1, my favourite bleaching product. This prepared my hair for optimum pastel pink results.

The first thing I noticed when I opened the box was the colour cream tube is not particularly sizeable, and this became even more apparent throughout the application process. I’m not one for thoroughly following the instructions all the time, instead of the suggested method of application using the brush provided, I went for a more free-handed scrunch and hope for the best option. Although this may not be the ‘correct’ way, it definitely utilised the product more effectively as the cream would not have gone as far using the brush method. This said, I still needed to call upon the rest of my go-to pink Jerome Russel bBlonde Maximum Colour Toner to get close-to full coverage. Although I have quite a lot of hair, it is still short enough to only require one box of dye.

Once the 30 minute development time was up, I hopped in the shower to wash the dye out and followed up with a 3-minute conditioning hair mask (White Hot Intense Lustre Mask) to refresh and nourish my locks after subjecting them to bleach and dye within a matter of days. After drying, I am incredibly happy with the result, due to the pastel nature of the product, any areas I missed during application blend in and add slight dimension, rather than it being a block colour.

Overall I loved this product, one box would be the perfect amount for most dip dye styles, however if you’re looking to colour your full length (mid-length to long), you will almost certainly need at least 2 boxes, but hey, at £1.99 a box, you’re still saving!


Before
After


2 comments :

  1. i'm thinking about buying this product as my pink hair from l'oréal colourista didn't last! how long did this colour stay in your hair for? xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Honestly it only lasted vibrantly for a couple of washes, however the Rose Gold shade from Superdrug Pick & Mix lasted brilliantly, this is a permanent dye however. Pink in general fades and washes out quickly, especially if the dye was semi-permanent, due to the nature of the base colours. I hope this was helpful, I'm hoping to trial some more dyes soon, just giving my locks a rest!

      Delete

Theme by: Pish and Posh Designs