Bastiste Shield My Locks, Heat & Shine Spray

Saturday 19 August 2017

Price - £4.45 (Boots)

Pros
  • Easy even application
  • Cruelty free
  • Keratin & Inca Inchi Oil
  • 230°C Heat Protection
  • Adds volume

Cons
  • Not travel-sized
  • Slightly drying





Cruelty free, affordable hair products are one of the hardest things to find on the high street, so when I received my June 2017 Glossybox, containing Batiste’s Heat & Shine Spray, I was over the moon to discover this well known cruelty free brand made a heat protection product. Luckily I’m blessed with naturally wavy hair which occasionally forms it’s own ringlets, so I rarely need to style my hair, I’m also incredibly lazy with my locks. However, on the odd occasion I do straighten my hair, whether it’s for a night out or to simply get another day out of it, I am insistent on the use of heat protection.

First of all, I was incredibly impressed with receiving the full sized version of this product in my June Glossybox, so a big thank you to them. However, the downside to the size of this product is it’s not the easiest to transport around and it doesn’t currently have a travel-sized option. As a 22 year old who loves a good boogie but lives in the countryside, I often get ready for a night out in the bedrooms of friends who live in the city. So naturally any products, that I don’t use daily, with a travel sized option would be perfect for those of us who are always the guests at pre-drinks. However, if you’re often the host or style your hair daily, then the size of this product is ideal as it will last you well.

What sets this product apart from other heat protection products I have used in the past, is that it’s an aerosol rather than a spritz. Personally, I find this far easier to apply and achieve total coverage before styling, it also seems to soak into the hair quicker than a spritz, so you can get to styling a lot quicker without frazzling your locks. As the name suggests, not only does it protect your hair against the damage heat styling causes, but with the help of Keratine and Inca Inchi Oil, this spray gives your hair that added shine. An added bonus to this product is the volume it gives to your hair, much like Batiste’s offering of dry shampoos. The only draw back in terms of how this product works is I felt it left my hair feeling kind of dry, I’m not sure whether this is because it’s an aerosol, it’s not fully protecting my hair or another reason. However, it doesn’t dry up my hair enough to put me off using this product.


So far, I am a fan of this product, however I am open to trying out other products that are more hydrating than this one, but as I mentioned, affordable cruelty free hair products can be a challenging feat. For now, Batiste is a reliable cruelty free brand and £4.45 is definitely a reasonable price to pay.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Theme by: Pish and Posh Designs