NYX Total Control Drop Foundation

Sunday 17 September 2017

Pros
- Lightweight
- Controllable

Cons
- In-store availability
- Price/quantity of product


This is a product I have waited for most of this year to become available in the UK. For those of you who follow beauty trends that go viral, you'll know that this has been big across Instagram, with many beauty/make-up Instagrammers becoming obsessed with this whole drip technique using foundations and serums. Unfortunately, this product wasn't all it has been hyped up to be, in my personal opinion. That's not to say that you won't get on with it, we all find different products that work well for our skin.

What drew me to purchasing this was not only because I've been waiting months to get it, but because I liked the idea of being able to some days have a light coverage of foundation, and a fuller coverage on others with one product. I've never got on with BB or CC creams, unable so far to find one that works well for me. This is a light-weight product on the skin, even at a full coverage amount. For me, this feels similar to the Urban Decay Naked Skin foundation, which I completely adore. Given this, and the fact it's around half the price of the Urban Decay foundation, is another plus. But, you only get 13ml of product. Which, if you want a medium-full coverage foundation on the daily, there are more affordable options that offer that, with more product in the bottle/tube. However, if like me, you don't tend to wear make up daily, or like the idea of being able to control how much coverage you get with only one product, this is something I would recommend. I'm still on the search for my perfect foundation, which as a pale girl is a mission of sheer determination, but this product offers 24 shades with varying undertones. The shade range is a massive plus, with previously having to use NYX white foundation mixer to alter my previous foundation. I've found that this feels a little chalky, and looks that way too, but this could just be down to having shade number 3, one of the palest in the range. I've tried applying it with my Real Techniques Expert Face brush, but found it works best with a sponge/beauty blender, giving it a more airbrushed look.

One of the major downsides to this is that it's not widely available to purchase in stores. I bought mine in the Boots in Cheltenham, where there is a big NYX counter with make-up artist on hand. This was where I was informed that it is likely only Boots stores similar to this will be stocking it, so if you're keen to swatch it before you buy it, you could find a bit tricky. There is a NYX store in Westfields Stratford (total heaven), so if you're heading there I can only assume they would have it in stock. It's available to buy online via Boots, Asos and NYX directly. Priced at £14, for the amount of product it's not overly cheap, but there more expensive products on the market, too.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Theme by: Pish and Posh Designs